Month: August 2011

Lined and ready for Hens

Over the weekend I managed to line the Hens end of the Hen house. This was done for a number of reasons, mainly that the building is clad with treated plywood and it’s best for the Hens to not be

Posted in Hen House, Projects

Completely Weathertight and doors fitted

I managed to finish the eaves on the hen house over the weekend and fitted the doors and their hinges. The latches for the doors are pretty simple, they’re just a cam made out of ply which you turn to

Posted in Hen House, Projects

Cladding the Hen House

After a bit of bad weather, I managed to get the roof and external cladding onto the Hen House. The roof frame was too heavy for me to lift by myself, so I had a friend come over and help.

Posted in Hen House, Projects

Construction under way

I managed to get some work completed on the Hen House over the weekend. I got the floor frame onto the posts and screwed in position. The floor was very heavy as it’s made out of 1.6mm thick high tensile

Posted in Hen House, Projects