Cladding the Hen House

After a bit of bad weather, I managed to get the roof and external cladding onto the Hen House.

The roof frame was too heavy for me to lift by myself, so I had a friend come over and help. We quickly got the roof frame on and the corrugated iron attached.

I decided to cover the entire outside in building paper. The wind picked up as soon as I made the decision, but luckily I had plenty of duct tape to hold it in place.

We eventually got the all the walls covered in ply. We ran out of time to put the doors on, so for now they’re just rectangles of ply screwed over the openings. I had hoped to get more done, but at least the Hen house was now (mainly) weatherproof.

I still have to install some ply wood on the eaves and attach the fascia, but that can wait until next weekend.

A somewhat weathertight Hen House

You May Also Like

About the Author: John

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *