New Zealand Scanner Frequencies

Yes, I still have New Zealand scanner frequencies on my website.
Look down the right hand side, they’re still there.

The link is /scannerfreq/.

Posted in General Randomness
24 comments on “New Zealand Scanner Frequencies
  1. Gail says:

Can you help me with my new scanner a Uniden ubc93xlt I can’t seem to pick up the Wellington Police? Thanks very much, Gail

2. Steve says:

Hi Gail & all, Wellington cops have gone digital aka encripted code etc……..its a pain in the a** lol 🙂 but yea the rest of NZ will follow, hopefully someone will leak the codes for a price on the black market or even a sell a police radio on the black market for a bit of cash & also hopefully they bring out a digital scanner 🙂

3. Matt says:

Hey, Just wondering if you still have the scanner freq lists please??
    When I search and click on the link (http://www.john.geek.nz/scanner/), it just takes me back to your home page.
    Thanx heaps
    Matt
    🙂

4. scotty says:

hi there you will find they are now running digital there now so you wont pick them up untill some one cracks the system

5. Gary says:

Hi ive just brought a scanner do you have any frequencies in the Timaru / South Canterbury ares

6. Jamie says:

Hi there, unfortunately it seems Auckland has gone digital as well now, still pick up a couple of frequencies but not much, does anyone know if this a trial or permanent, thanks.

7. Ben says:

na shes all over aye mate, central went digital a month ago and north went silent on about Wednesday. sad, been listening for 10 years after discovering i could get cops on an old radio i got from a school fair. have heard some crazy, crazy stuff going down in that time. It will be sadly missed. The nz herald feels lighter already due to lack of news…

8. Bobby says:

hi there do u know what the freq is for fire in blenheim sth island thanks

9. Michael says:

Is there any way to pick up the police etc on a car radio?

10. Steven Esson says:

Hi I want to pick up trucks,trains,aircraft,buses,Ambo & Fire from CHCH to Invercargill thanks

11. Allan Watson says:

I’m still getting police in Tokoroa, Taupo, Turangi, Rotorua on 485.300 MHz and 75.45 MHz.

12. Allan Watson says:

I have been picking up some messages on 152.95 MHz. I thought it was railways, talking about Murupara and Kawerau, but then someone was sent to Rotorua Airport and there’s definitely no railway there.

13. Allan Watson says:

Why are my comments dated February 7th. when it is now February 8th. at 12:25 am?

14. Rob Burrowes says:

Coast Guard Radio repeater at the light house above Piha is on 129.650.

Picked up traffic between a Westpac helicopter landing at Hamilton Hospital and shortly after, one leaving Auckland Hospital.

15. Ross McWilliams says:

Does anyone know the freq for ambo’s in auckland ?

16. to Ross Mcwilliams says:

from an old list i have found AK central ambo on 141.4125m/hz

17. Pacmonitor says:

AK Ambo freqs are between 141.325-141.4875.

141.325 AK Ambo Community Services.
    141.3375, 141.350. AK Ambo Coromandel
    141.375, 141.4875 AK Ambo Sth AK
    141.4125, 141.475 AK Ambo Central AK.
    141.3875, 141.4375, 141.450 AK Ambo Nth AK (Linked to AK Ambo Central AK)

141.4625 Waikato Ambo. Nth Waikato.
    484.450 Northland Ambo Link.
    501.7875 AK Ambo Eden Park. (note APCO-25 digital also used).

18. Gadget Man says:

Hi any one know how to set up the trunk system on a bcd369t scanner.

19. Mike says:

Hi

Pretty new to the scanner scene. Does anyone know if there is a problem taking a hand held scanner into the airport? I’m heading down to Auckland next week to pick up rellies and I thought it would be fun for the kids to listen to the flight coming in.

Cheers
    Mike

20. Avallon says:

Hi.
    Do you or anyone know if there is any software for programming the Uniden EZ130XLT Scanner?

21. Graeme says:

Help with programming a uniden ubcd396xt

22. mark walls says:

Hi im on the hibiscus coast in orewa . I have a bearcat ubc57 handheld how do I scan for local transmissions or what is my best setup for good listening? Also so many aircraft around is there a way to scan to see if can grt any transmissions from them

23. Mathew says:

Hi I brought a pofong baofeng uv5ra scanner but I can’t seem to pick up the new Zealand fire service any hints would be much appreciated thanks Mathew